Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches have been a staple out of our kitchen for years. They're incredibly easy to make and are very customizable. We have made ours with chocolate chip cookies and chocolate fudge brownie ice cream but you can use any cookie or ice cream flavour that you prefer.
With our Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches everything is up to you; if you're not a fan of chocolate chip cookies use oatmeal, peanut butter, your favourite cookie and the same goes with the ice cream if you're not a fan of chocolate ice cream use vanilla, neapolitan, mint chocolate chip or your favourite ice cream. The possibilities are endless.
You can take this recipe many ways you can bake your cookies from scratch or buy them from the store that's up to you (We made ours from scratch). The same goes with the ice cream (We opted for store bought ice cream because our machine broke).
- 1 batch of chocolate chip cookie dough or any cookie dough (we used our Oh Henry Chocolate Chip Cookies without the Oh Henry you can find that here)
- 1 quart of ice cream any flavour (We used Chocolate Fudge Brownie Ice Cream)
- 1 cup chocolate chips melted for garnishing (Optional)
- Prepare your cookie dough according to the recipe. Once the cookies are baked and cooled match them in pairs based on their size.
- Before scooping the ice cream between the cookies, in a double boiler melt the chocolate chips for garnishing.
- Scoop one scoop of ice cream between each pair of cookies and gently squeeze the cookies around the ice cream until the ice cream fits perfectly between the cookies.
- (Optional) After you've sandwiched all of the cookies together carefully dip each sandwich about half way into the melted chocolate chips and tap off the excess chocolate.*
- Finally wrap your ice cream sandwiches in squares of wax paper** and place a sticker on the joins to seal the wax paper.
*When working with the melted chocolate it will set much faster because the ice cream is frozen so you will need to work fast.
**Using wax paper squares and a sticker is optional you could always use plastic wrap or foil if you don't have any on hand. We purchased sticker paper and printed our logo onto it.